1. Make sure that your website design is in such a way that it is mobile friendly. Google algorithm gives preference to mobile friendly and responsive websites. Most of the top websites have been penalized for not adopting a more mobile friendly web design.
To check whether your Website meets google criteria. You can use these free tools:
2. Prepare a XML Sitemap
Sitemaps are very essential for google to index your website and your web pages. If you created your website with WordPress then you can use Yoast SEO or All in one SEO plugins to generate xml sitemaps. Otherwise you can use xml-sitemaps, xmlsitemapgenerator, smallseotools etc. for other websites which are build on several platforms.
3. Is Website Page speed Matters?
Of course it does matter, slower websites will get lower ranks in google SERPs even if your website has unique quality content. To optimize your website you can follow these steps:
4. It is important to fix website errors, for that you can run a technical audit once a week if you want to rank well on google on a consistent basis. You can use these tools to run weekly audits: Raven Tools, SemRush, Moz, SEO Powersuite and Screaming Frog SEO Tool.
5. If you have trouble in generating backlinks from other sources, then you can do Internal linking to improve your SEO efforts.
6. Use of Canonical URLs to avoid duplicacy.
It is a must that you use canonical urls in every web page to avoid duplicacy. They are very essential for those who runs an ecommerce website with numerous identical web pages.
7. Use of Keywords in your image attribute text
Use of keywords in alt text is one of the best SEO practice to make your website rank well. Best part is that google uses metadata to determine a image file name and if you put your keyword in image alt text, google take this into consideration, ensures websites to rank well.
8. Nowadays importance of AMP is impacting in our digital marketing era. Google repeatedly pushing publishers to make use of AMP tool to load faster on Mobile devices.
9. It is essential that you use schema markup in your website. It helps your website in providing more information about the contents of web pages to google bots which ultimately makes SERP listing more prominent.
10. Every week check search console or webmaster to identify any crawl errors. Crawl errors hinders the performance of website and harms your keyword rankings.